Friday, August 7, 2009

Hot & Sweet Chicken Thighs

I had planned to make this recipe with drumsticks and thought I had a pack in the freezer, but no such luck, so chicken thighs had to suffice. The recipe is from Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen
and was good. I wish my sauce would have been thicker like hers - I borrowed her picture since mine didn't turn out that great.

1 cup apricot preserves
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 soy sauce
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp hot pepper sauce
3 lbs chicken thighs or drumsticks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small saucepan, combine preserves, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until preserves are melted.

Arrange chicken in a single layer on a 13x9 inch baking pan. Pour sauce over chicken, turning to coat. Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is done, spooning sauce over drumsticks while baking.

No comments: