Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lemony Blueberry Muffins

I was debating between making zucchini muffins or blueberry muffins over the weekend and I'm so over zucchini right now, I decided on the blueberry muffins. I took my recipe for Strawberry muffins and modified it slightly - the result was so good!


1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
lemon juice from half of lemon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
2 cups frozen blueberries
2 Tbsp lemon zest

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or line a 12 cup muffin pan.

In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, egg and lemon juice. Beat lightly and set aside. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and lemon zest. Toss in frozen blueberries and stir to coat. Pour milk mixture into dry mixture and stir together until combined.

Fill muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops bounce back from touching the top. Cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan.

No comments: