Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tortellini Soup


Now that the weather is starting to feel more like fall, I'm ready to break out all the soup and chili recipes I've been waiting to try!

4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (2 cans)
1 pkg (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz) Italian diced tomatoes (I thought I had a can but didn't, so I used it crushed tomatoes instead - I prefer the diced tomatoes)
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
shredded parmesan cheese for topping

In a large stock pot, bring broth to a boil. Stir in tortellini. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in beans, tomatoes and basil. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in vinegar.

Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and ground pepper if desired.

No comments: