Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Jewish Apple Cake


One of the m0m's on my online mom's board shared this recipe for Jewish Apple cake. I made it last night with my daughter. She was so excited when I started using my apple peeler/corer/slicer and kept asking for me to do it again. She was disappointed when we ran out of apples. I guess I'll be making lots of apple desserts over the next month or so for her enjoyment :).
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup orange juice
5-6 tart apples, peeled and sliced thin
1/2 cup sugar with 2 tsp cinnamon mixed in (set aside)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Add all dry ingredients in a large bowl and combine. Add the liquid ingredients and beat until smooth with a mixer. Flour and grease a tube or bundt pan.

Spread 1/2 of the batter in the pan, then 1/2 of the sliced apples and then 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat.

Bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.

No comments: