Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cheddar Chicken & Potatoes


I saw this recipe in the Fall 2009 Kraft Food & Family magazine. My husband and I loved it - but no luck with my daughter.

4 slices bacon
4 small boneless chicken breast halves (I used boneless chicken tenders and cubed them)
4 cups frozen diced potatoes with peppers & onions, thawed
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat for 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet to paper towel, discard drippings in skillet.

Add chicken to skillet, cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet, cover and keep warm.

Crumble bacon. Add to skillet with potatoes, cook and stir 5 minutes or until heated through. Place chickenover potatoes and top with cheese. Cover and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Here's a tip from my husband from his days of working in a restaurant - use a little bit of paprika to "brown" your potatoes.

No comments: