Saturday, July 31, 2010

Coconut White Chocolate Pecan Cookies


I was away earlier this week in Fort Lauderdale for business, hence the lack of posts and the fact that my daughter and husband ate grilled cheese sandwiches and tuna fish sandwiches all week!

I had a lot of miscellanous baking supplies around from my little biscotti baking business and needed to use them before they went bad. I have a recipe from Taste of Home magazine and with some subsitutions of what I had in the pantry, it worked out and I made some delicious cookies for my husband to enjoy while I was gone (and not starve!) LOL!

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups flaked coconut
1 pkg white chocolate chips (I'm using milk chocolate the next time I make these)
1.5 cups chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, chips and pecans.

Drop rounded teaspoonsfuls 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 9 - 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home magazine

No comments: