Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Four Layer Lasagna

I have been in the mood for lasanga lately and it was perfect since all the ingredients were on sale last week! And an added bonus, we have leftovers for the next 3 days! Cooking isn't high on my priority this week since I'm trying to relax and enjoy my vacation from work.

I bought a pack of Barilla no-boil lasagna noodles and I was little worried. I usually buy regular noodles, boil them and burn my fingers while trying to assemble the lasagna. Today, was not the case! These were so simple to use and I would have had Madeline help me, but the TV was more important than spending time cooking with me today. I think she's tired of me this week especially since she's been saying she's missing Daddy while he worked the last 2 days.

1 box no-boil lasanga noodles (16 sheets)
2 eggs
15 oz container ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 lb lean ground beef, cooked, drained
2 jars pasta sauce
2 Tbsp dried oregano

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the ricotta, 2 cups of mozzarella, parmesan cheese and the dried oregano.

To assemble the lasagna,
  • Spread one cup of sauce on the bottom of the pan.
  • Layer 4 uncooked sheets, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, half of the browned meat, 1 cup of mozzarella and 1 cup of sauce.
  • Layer 4 uncooked sheets, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture and 1 1/2 cups of sauce.
  • Layer 4 uncooked sheets, the remaining ricotta mixture and browned meat and 1 cup of sauce.
  • Layer 4 uncooked sheets, the remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Bake covered with foil until bubbly for 50-60 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until cheese is melted about 5 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.

Source: Barilla

No comments: