Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ricotta Cookie Puffs


Here’s the first cookie from my work’s cookie exchange yesterday – Ricotta Cookie Puffs. I think this was probably my favorite cookie from the exchange. It’s totally different than any other cookie I’ve eaten before. I reminded me of a sour cream doughnut, but was moist and delicious! They’ll definitely be made in my house!
1 cup margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
1 lb ricotta cheese
1 tsp baking powder
3 eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
4 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and all ingredients and mix well.

Grease or line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.  Completely cool on cooling racks.

Makes about 6 dozen cookies.

These cookies would be great plain, but add a sugar icing and they’re even better!

1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
½ tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp milk

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. If necessary, add more milk for the desired consistency.  After the cookies have cooled, spread a layer or drizzle icing over cookie.

Store cookies in the refrigerator.

No comments: