Monday, January 10, 2011

Spinach and Smoked Gouda Quiche

I've been wanting to try quiche, I've never had it in my entire life. I know...shocking, right?!?! I searched around and found a different recipe than a tradtional quiche lorraine. This was definitely different, but really tasty. My daughter ate it with no compliants - I think because she helped make it! I love having her help me in the kitchen and I want to continue this tradition as she gets older! It's great bonding time and she's learning so much in the process.


1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp butter
10 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
3 slices of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded smoked gouda
2 eggs
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup half and half
salt
fresh ground pepper
frozen premade pie crust

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium frying pan, melt butter. Add the chopped onion and saute until tender. Stir in the spinach until well combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.

In the pie crust, sprinkle the bacon and cheese on the bottom. Add the spinach mixture as the next layer. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk and half and half. Season with salt and pepper. Carefully pour the mixture into the crust.

Bake the quiche for 45 - 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean from the center. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Source: Adapted from allrecipes.com

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks good!

3greenbeans said...

I'm drooling!! Must try this!!!