Monday, July 11, 2011

Smores Cookie Bars

If there's one recipe from my blog that I want you to make - THIS IS IT!!!!! Seriously, I'm not kidding. If you do not have graham crackers, marshmellow fluff and chocolate bars in your pantry, RUN to the store NOW!!

Can you tell I'm a little more than excited to share this recipe with you? I saw these posted originally on Pinterest (another one of my addictions!) and knew I needed to make them. They're a little messy to make, but so worth it in the end. Start drooling now...


1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (approx. 6-7 crackers)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 super-sized milk chocolate bars
1 1/2 cups marshmellow fluff (not melted marshmellows)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper for easy clean-up.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until well combined. Add in the egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.

Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix at low speed until combined. Divide the dough in half and press half into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place the chocolate bars over the dough. Spread the marshmellow fluff evenly over the chocolate layer.

Take the remaining dough and place into a gallon sized ziplock bag. Using your hands, flatten the dough out to fit in the pan. Use a scissors to cut down the long sides of the bag. Open it carefully and the dough will stick to one side of the bag. Place the bag, dough side down on the fluff and slowly peel the plastic bag off dough. Spread out the dough if it's uneven.

Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into 16 bars.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mmm these look SOOO good! I am definitely making them as soon as I have a good excuse to consume all that sugar :)

Cindy said...

This looks like a crowd pleaser! I'll make it this week as all my kids/grandkids will be in town. And that's a crowd!