Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mango Smoothie

We’re all big fans of mangos here. I love fresh ones, but they are quite expensive and I feel like I never get enough fruit out of one to last more than a couple of minutes.  A couple weeks ago during a trip to Trader Joe’s, I found they had bags of frozen mangos…PERFECT! Plus, they were the perfect price!
My husband has been adding them to his greek yogurt, but I wanted to use the rest of the bag for smoothies. Both he and Madeline loved the smoothie. I didn’t even get to taste it! See what I mean about mangos quickly disappearing in our house.

Sorry for the poor quality picture. This is what happens when we're all tired and it's ready for bedtime.


1 cup frozen mango
½ cup skim milk
½ cup ice
¼ cup plain, fat free greek yogurt
1 Tbsp honey

In a blender, puree all ingredients to the desired consistency. Pour into cold glasses and enjoy!

Slightly adapted from: Real Simple

No comments: