Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cinnamon Honey Roasted Chickpeas

Another one of my pinterest finds – honey cinnamon roasted chickpeas. My daughter LOVES chick peas! She’ll eat them right out of the can, as hummus and now roasted. She was excited when I told her I was making her special “pea candy.” Don’t judge – whatever works, right?

She gobbled them up and shared them with her teachers the first day she brought them in for lunch. I like that they’re full of protein, since she’s not a huge fan of meat.  It’s also a nice change of place from the regular cracker/chip snacks. I’ll definitely be making these at least once a week. Next time, I’m going to try a spicy version for my husband.

15 oz can Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
½ tsp cinnamon
Cooking spray
1 Tbsp honey

After draining and rinsing the beans, place them between two paper towels and pat dry. Remove the outer skin from the bean. Allow the beans to completely dry before roasting.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread beans in a single layer.

Spray with cooking spray and stir around to coat all sides. Sprinkle the ½ teaspoon of cinnamon over the beans. Stir to coat all sides.

Roast for 30 minutes. Remove the beans from the oven and place in a bowl. Toss with the tablespoon of honey. Return to the baking sheet and roast for another 5 to 7 minutes.

Cool completely and serve.

Source: Weelicious

No comments: