Friday, August 12, 2011

Almond Butter Granola Bars

We love granola bars. I love making them and knowing they're all natural with no added "extra stuff." These were different than any of the other granola bars I have made in the past. They're chewy and I love the addition of banana, plus another great way to use over-ripe bananas (since we all know I have a problem with that). :)

1/2 cup almond butter
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup whole almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup dried pineapple
1/4 cup mixed seeds (I used pumpkin)
1 cup rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a wide loaf pan with parchment paper.

In a small saucepan, heat the almond butter and bananas over low heat. Stir gently until well combined. Set aside to cool.

In a food processor, coarsely chop the almonds, cranberries and pineapple. In a large bowl, mix in the chopped nuts and fruit with the seeds and oats. Fold in the almond butter mixture. Press the batter into the prepared loaf pan.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bars start to brown. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.

Adapted from: Anja's Food 4 Thought

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've been wanting to try to make my own granola bars. I may have to try this, sounds yummy!

beth said...

How fun!! I just bought almond butter on a whim a few weeks ago. Might need to try this out...and I often also have a problem with over-ripe bananas.