Saturday, August 20, 2011

MIA

Sorry, I was MIA last week. I had to travel to Long Beach, CA for work, but I'm back. I have lots of new recipes to post and will get to them this week. I had a rough travel day yesterday thanks to Mother Nature and thunderstorms along the East coast.

While in Long Beach, I ate at some great restaurants. Sorry no food pictures, but here's the listing:

Yard House - Amazing food and a HUGE selection of beers. I highly recommend the truffle fries and found my new favorite beer  - Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat

Beachwood BBQ & Brewery - They feature Memphis-style BBQ and home brews. I loved the retro feel of their Long Beach location.

Creme de la Crepe - A little taste of Paris in Long Beach. I ate here for breakfast one morning and the meal kept me full until dinner. It was the perfect way to start a long day on a trade show floor. I had the Eggs La Fontaine - scrambled eggs with spinach and asparagus.

Gladstone's - Great selection of seafood and amazing views of the Harbor. I ate here for lunch and it was so nice to be able to sit outside and eat lunch.

Utopia - Utopia was right across the street from the hotel I was staying at. It was a cute, quaint little restaurant. It was a gorgeous evening and we ate dinner outside. Good selection of food and great service!

To close out the trip, me and my coworkers at the Queensview Steakhouse at Parker's Lighthouse. It was the perfect way to close out the trip. While most everyone else had steak (which looked amazing), I decided to go with chicken. I wasn't feeling so great and wanted to keep the evening light. The food was excellent and we had a great view of the Queen Mary.

Overall, it was great trip. Our show was successful; I was able to meet up with some business associates, enjoyed amazing food and drinks and had fun.

No comments: