Monday, April 16, 2012

The Secret Recipe Club: Ham and Cheese Pockets

Welcome to your monthly installment of The Secret Recipe Club! The month I was assigned Liz & Doug's website - Pocket Change Gourmet. Liz and Doug are a husband and wife team who took their passion for cooking and are creating recipes and saving money at the same time. Love that! Now if I could just figure out a way to get my husband back in the kitchen with me; he spent many years cooking at a local PA Dutch diner....but I'm not sure I want to give up my dishwasher..LOL!

Liz and Doug has so many recipes to chose from but I ultimately decided on Ham and Cheese Pockets. They were quick and easy to make and we all loved them! Madeline asked to take one for her lunch today! I definitely will be making them again. I know I'll be making them this summer while I'm on maternity leave.


1 container buttermilk biscuits
4 slices of tavern ham, chopped
3 oz swiss cheese, shredded
1 egg white
non-stick cooking spray
oregano

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Flatten each biscuit with your hands until they are double the size.

Divide the ham between the 8 biscuits and place on one side of the biscuit. Do the same with the shredded cheese. Lightly brush the egg white on one side of the biscuit and fold over. Seal the edges with a fork dipped in the egg white.

Lightly spray the cooking spray on the tops of the pockets. I had some leftover cheese, so I sprinkled that on top and then sprinkled each top with a little bit of oregano.

Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Want to be part of the SRC? Click below to sign up!
Secret Recipe Club





10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, those look like they're a really quick, tasty lunch. Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

These look delicious--LOVE the ham & swiss combo!

Miz Helen said...

These are great Ham and Cheese Pockets that we would just love! It is fun cooking with you in the SRC!
Miz Helen

Unknown said...

I love pockets--they are great to have on hand and this looks like an easy recipe

Angie A said...

tasty, quick and portable, WIN WIN WIN! :)

Betsy said...

so easy and simple, why didn't I think of this before? I'm stopping by from SRC but be sure to stop by Seasonal Potluck this month. We have peas AND rhubarb link parties open! We'd love if you'd share any recipes you may have http://bit.ly/H9XJGB

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

My kids would LOVE these! They are all about ham and cheese!

Trisha said...

A classic combo in a fun treat! Great choice Heather!

Kirstin said...

Yum! these sound really easy and good

beti said...

I love savory treats like these ones, thye would make a great snack!