Monday, July 23, 2012

Chickpea and Tomato Salad

We're all big fans of chickpeas so I knew when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I had to make it. My daughter gobbled it up! It was a nice refreshing salad especially during this crazy heat we've been in having in the northeast. I can't wait for more of our fresh cherry tomatoes to ripen and make this again. I know we'll be eating this salad a couple more times this year!


15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
bunch of basil, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
drizzle of honey
salt

In a large bowl, combine the garlic, vinegars, oil, honey and salt. Add in the chickpeas and tomatoes and stir to coat with dressing. Sprinkle with basil and stir. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to allow flavors to combine.

Source: Green Lite Bites

3 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Yummolicious. Isn't Pinterest a dangerous land ? ;)

Unknown said...

I just saw your yummy looking link over at Hammock Tracks Link Party and thought I'd stop by and check out your recipe :) I'd love for you to link up with me at The Weekend re-Treat on The Best Blog Recipes going on right now! We're also having a GIVEAWAY this weekend and I'd love for you to enter to win while you were there!

Hope to see you there,
Shauna
http://thebestblogrecipes.com/

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

This sounds so good. I think this would make a good lunch all by itself.