Monday, September 17, 2012

Roasted Garlic Dill Potato Salad


I’ve think I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m not a huge fan of potato salad. I’m not really sure what I don’t like, but it’s just something I that I usually pass over at picnics and parties. I’d rather have macaroni or pasta salad. My husband and daughter are much bigger fans than I am so; I usually make it for them. Since I don’t have a stand-by recipe for potato salad, I always go off searching for a new one each time I make it. This recipe is from Tasty Kitchen and highlights dill…which I think goes perfect with potato salad. I changed up the recipe slightly and used roasted garlic mustard instead of Dijon mustard. We’re still adding condiments back into our fridge since it was replaced in July (our other one decided July 4th was the perfect time for a compressor to blow!) and I didn’t have Dijon mustard. I didn’t even get to sample this as it was gone in no time. See I told you my husband and daughter like potato salad!




1 ½ lbs red potatoes
½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
¼ cup low-fat sour cream
1 ½ tsp roasted garlic mustard
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
¾ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
½ cup celery, chopped
½ cup Vidalia onion, chopped
1 Tbsp dried dill


Wash and scrub potatoes but do not peel. In a medium pot, add the potatoes and cover with water and season with salt. Boil potatoes for 20 – 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Allow potatoes to cool enough to handle and cut into bite sized pieces.


In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream, garlic, apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper. Fold in the potatoes, celery, onions and dill. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Chill overnight or for at least 6 hours to allow flavors to combine.

Source: Tasty Kitchen

No comments: