Thursday, June 13, 2013

Blueberry Vanilla Overnight Oats

Both my husband and I are fans of oatmeal, but who wants to eat hot cereal during the summer? This is a great version of oatmeal and I know they've been all over the web for a few years, but I realized I never blogged about them. I made them for most of my pregnancy last year - speaking of that - my little guy turned ONE yesterday. He's dealing with double ear infections and teething and just not happy like he usually is.

Back to the oatmeal, it starts with just a oats, yogurt and milk and then you can change up the flavors however you like. This one features blueberries and vanilla. I've made almond-mango and also a chocolate banana one before.

I'm planning to make more of these this summer, so don't be surprised if you see other varieties of them.

What flavor would you most enjoy?

1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
1 Tbsp chia seeds
splash of vanilla extract
1/4 cup fresh blueberries

Mix all ingredients in a mason jar. Cover and place in refrigerator. I like mine to be a little warmer and let it sit out for 5-10 minutes before eating it. My husband eats them straight out of the fridge.

We usually eat them within 2 days and then I make up another batch for the rest of the week.

Enjoy!

Source: The Yummy Life


No comments: