Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Skillet Ziti with Ground Pork

First, I've finally created a page on Facebook for my blog. I know what's taken me forever and what was I waiting for. I'm not really sure since I spend so much time on social media both personally and for work. Make sure you like my page! www.facebook.com/joinuspullupachair

I bought a pound of ground pork from a local butcher and it was the most delicious pork I've ever eaten. It was really lean and I was surprised how great it tasted in this recipe. You could easily swap out the pork for another ground meat - beef, turkey or chicken. It's a really versatile recipe. We all enjoyed it and I liked that it took less than 30 minutes to make - a great meal for busy night! It makes great leftovers too!



1 lb ground pork
8 oz penne
jar of tomato-basil sauce
3/4 cup lowfat ricotta cheese

Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water. While the pasta is cooking, brown the pork in a large skillet. Drain and add in 1 cup of the sauce. Simmer the pork in the sauce for 5 minutes.

Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the skillet. Add in the remaining sauce and stir to combine. Stir in the ricotta cheese and cover to heat through.

Sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments: