Thursday, June 6, 2013

Shrimp and Veggie Ramen

I love ramen noodles, I know they're so bad for you...but I still enjoy them every once in awhile. Plus they're my go-to meal when I'm feeling sick.

This soup was delicious. We all gobbled it up and I loved how quick and easy it was to make. It definitely took Ramen noodles to a whole new level. I'm thinking next time I'll swap out the ramen for another thin noodle, like vermicelli to make it healthier.



2 tsp canola oil
1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 cups baby spinach, chopped
1 package ramen noodles, broken in half and seasoning packet discarded
8 oz medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

In a medium pot, heat the canola oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook stirring occasionally until they're soft and translucent. Add the broth and 1 tablespoon soy sauce, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.

Add the chopped spinach and cook for 1 minute. Add the ramen noodles and cook for another minute. Finally add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are opaque and the ramen is cooked. Taste for seasoning and add another tablespoon of soy sauce.

Divide between 4 bowls and serve.

Source: Pretty Delicious Cookbook by Candice Kumai

No comments: