Thursday, November 14, 2013

Double Chocolate Banana Muffins

I had a not so great day the other day and needed a pick me up and these muffins did exactly that...plus it allowed me use up two over-ripe bananas. Yes once again I found myself with over-ripe bananas. My little man has been eating bananas like crazy and they don't last long around the house.

We all loved these muffins! They were the perfect amount of chocolate, hint of banana and perfect when they were still warm from baking. The perfect after dinner snack to help turn my day around! I know I'll be making this again!


1 1/3 cups smashed bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.

In a mixing bowl, beat the bananas, oil and egg together. Add in both sugars and combine. In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Divide the batter until each is 2/3 full. Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick insert in the middle comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for a couple of minutes and then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.

Source: Inside Bru Crew Life

No comments: