Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cookie Dough Dip #FilltheCookieJar

It's Fill the Cookie Jar time! This month's theme was Snowflake, Healthy or New Year. I struggled with this one as some of the cookie recipes I've recently made fit into the healthy category. I have yet to master a sugar cookie, so I knew snowflake was out and I wasn't sure what to do for New Year cookies....so off to search around for inspiration. I searched high and low through my cookbooks, Pinterest and other blogs I follow....and I finally thought about doing something outside of the norm and not make a cookie but something inspired by cookies - healthy cookie dough dip!

I know, you can't fill your cookie jar with these but it's a little indulgence when you're trying to keep one of those New Year resolutions the first month of the year. My daughter gobbled it up with sliced apples. I thought it was ok, I have some issues with texture and it wasn't as smooth as I had hoped. I'm thinking if I would have removed the skins on the chickpeas before pureeing everything together. And I apologize for the picture...not the best lighting at night!


15 oz can chickpea or white beans, rinsed and drained
dash of salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 to 1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup or less of skim milk
1/3 cup mini chocolate chip cookies

In a food processor, puree together the beans, salt, vanilla and honey. Add the milk in tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Place in a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerator until chilled. Enjoy with apple slices, graham crackers, pretzels....anything you want!

Source: Chef in Disguise

No comments: