Thursday, June 12, 2014

Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa

Today is my little guy's second birthday! I can't believe how quickly the last year went by...really, wasn't he just born a couple months ago? We're having a little family party tomorrow night - just grilling burgers and dogs and we'll do something fun over the weekend.

I know lately I've been posting a lot of sweet treats and I was thinking about it and realized it's because we've been grilling several times a week and I haven't been making new recipes. I'm trying to change that in the next couple of weeks and with our garden doing really well, I'm planning to have new sides and salad recipes to share.

This recipe was super simple and had amazing flavor. I was a little heavy-handed with my limes, they were extra juicy,  but otherwise this avocado salsa was amazing! The spice mix used to marinate the salmon was perfect.


2 lbs wild Alaskan salmon, cut into 4 pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp black pepper
dash of cayenne pepper

Salsa
2 small avocados, cubed
1/2 small red onion, sliced
juice of 2 limes
1-2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
salt to taste

Mix together the dried spices in a small bowl. Run the salmon with the olive oil and then sprinkle and rub in the spice mix. Place the seasoned salmon in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat your grill. I used a grill pan since we were out of propane. Once the grill is ready, grill the salmon to your desired doneness. While the salmon is being grilled, make the salsa. Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate until ready to be used.

Top the grilled salmon with the salsa and enjoy!

Source: The Cookie Rookie

No comments: