Monday, June 9, 2014

Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits - Secret Recipe Club

It's the second Monday of the month and you know what that means....it's SECRET RECIPE CLUB time!! I've participated in the group for more than 2 years and I love it. It's a great way to meet new bloggers and try new recipes - it has taken me outside of my comfort zone with my cooking and baking and I've made a bunch of new friends this way too!

This month my assignment was This Mama Cooks. Anne-Marie's blog focuses on healthy recipes and lifestyle tips for busy moms and their families - perfect for me since I'm a busy mom and always trying to find new way to eat healthier and incorporate more veggies into our diet. There's a bunch of gluten-free and milk-free recipes too. The only allergy I have to worry about is crab since my husband is very allergic to it and we haven't introduced it to our kids because of the severity of his allergy. I definitely want to try a few of the milk-free recipes...I love the use of tofu in many of her recipes. After going through all the recipes on the site, I decided on strawberry cheesecake parfaits. The recipe was super simple and perfect timing since strawberries are starting to be in season in PA. It made a great dessert and topped off a fun weekend of family time. Plus Madeline was able to help me assemble them!



1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 Tbsp sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups whipped topping, thawed
2/3 cup of graham cracker crumbs

In a small bowl, combine the sliced strawberries and tablespoon of sugar. In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, yogurt, confectioners sugar and almond extract. Fold in 1/2 cup of the whipped topping.

To assemble the parfaits, place a layer of strawberries at the bottom of the dish, next layer some of the cream cheese filling and top with graham cracker crumbs. Continue layering until you reach the top of the dish. Place a dollop of whipped topping on to finish your parfait.


No comments: