Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos

I'm sad the summer growing season is coming to an end with a bumper crop of peppers. My peppers didn't do great all summer, but now that it's cooler and I've pulled out the tomato plants out of the garden, my peppers are doing phenomenal! I picked about two dozen jalapenos, a dozen green peppers and 6 poblano peppers the other day. I've been in the mood for stuffed jalapenos and had all the ingredients in the fridge along with half a package of bacon. Another perfect opportunity to spend some time in the kitchen!

These stuffed jalapenos are amazing! The gooey cheese in the center with the smokey bacon and the spicy pepper...there's really no way for me to describe how good they are, you just need to make them! I baked half the batch as an appetizer for my husband and I to snack on while I was making the rest of our dinner. The other half were frozen and will be made in the very near future. These are going to be my go-to recipe to bring to parties!


12 jalapenos, sliced in half, ribs and seeds removed
8 ozs cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
12 slices of bacon, cut in half
24 toothpicks

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top. Set aside. 

In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic and smoked paprika using a hand mixer. Spoon the filling into the halved jalapenos and wrap with half a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick and place on the wire rack. Continue this process until all the jalapenos are filled and wrapped. 

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the bacon is crispy. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Try not to burn the inside of your mouth with hot cheese!




No comments: