Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Philly Mushroom and Cheese Subs

I picked up this recipe from one of the local vendors at my town's farmer's market and thought it would be perfect thing to make for one of my "no-meat" meals. I was really surprised it tasted just like a cheesesteak and was very filling. This is definitely on my keeper list!


2 Portabello mushrooms
1 medium onion, thick sliced
1 anaheim pepper, halved and seeded (or green pepper)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp grill seasonings
2 sub rolls
cheese

Brush both sides of mushrooms, onions and peppers with olive oil and season with steak seasoning. Place on grill (I used a George Foreman) and cook 5 minutes on each side. Remove peppers and mushrooms and slice thin. Place mushrooms, onion and peppers on foil and return to grill to keep warm.

Toast rolls. Fill rolls with mushroom mixture and add cheese.

No comments: