Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chicken with Artichoke and Lemon

When I first saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it. While my picture isn't as appetizing as the picture in the May issue of All You, this is really amazing! I loved the chicken, it was so moist and the artichokes and lemon were the perfect addition. My husband ate two helpings and said "winner, winner, chicken dinner." Oh dear..:insert rolling eye emotion. 


1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, patted dry
salt and pepper
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 Tbsp  vegetable oil
1 cup low sodium chicken stock
14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 lemon, thinly sliced

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then dredge in flour. Add the chicken to the hot skillet, cook, turning once until browned on both sides about 4 minutes total.

Add chicken stock and artichokes to the pan. Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through. Scatter the lemon slices over the chicken, cover and cook until the chicken is cook through.

Source: All You Magazine

No comments: