Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sauteed Swiss Chard with Pasta and Chicken

I'm behind on my blogging, work has been so crazy and I've been exhausted by the time I get home that I rarely have been spending much time on the computer when I get home. Don't worry....I'm still cooking and baking. And now I have a long list of recipes to blog about so I'll busy once again this week.

We received a bunch of swiss chard in our CSA basket - another green that I've never used before. Once again, a great feature of partipicating in a CSA. I'm sad last week was our last pick up, but I stocked up and have many new recipes planned for our goodies. Swiss chard is one of the good for dark green veggies.

What's your favorite way to eat it?


1 bunch swiss chard
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb chicken breast, cut into cubes
1/2 pound pasta, cooked

In a large pan, saute the chicken until fully cooked. Remove from pan and place in a bowl. Tent the bowl with aluminum foil to keep warm.

Trim the tough ends of the swiss chard and slice the stems and leaves into thin strips. Heat the olive oil in the pan used for the chicken. Add the swiss chard and onions. Saute until the onions are softened, about 2-3 minutes.

Add the garlic and saute for another minute. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the cooked pasta and chicken with the swiss chard and a little extra virgin oil to loosen the pasta.

Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese and serve.

Recipe adapted from Jeannette's Healthy Living

No comments: