Thursday, January 12, 2012

Nutter Butter Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

I hope everyone had a great new year! These last two weeks haven't been so great for my little family. We've all had issues with health and I'm seriously ready to hit the restart button on 2012. My daughter spiked a fever of over 104 last week and after 2 days, we were able to finally to get it down to a more normal level. Then I was hit with a DREADED stomach bug! OMG the worst thing when you're pregnant.

Speaking of my pregnancy, things are going well. I'm back to being able to eat things other than ramen noodles and potato chips. I'm just about 18 weeks and can't wait until we find out if we're adding another daughter to our family or a son. YEAH!!!

Now on to this amazing, simple pie. I made it for Christmas dinner at my in-laws (I'm just a little behind in blogging). It went over great and there was only one small piece last after everyone indulged!


1 pkg Nutter Butter cookie sandwiches
5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
8 oz whipped topping, thawed

In a plastic bag or food processor, crush the cookies. Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Place into the refrigerator to chill.

In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Spoon into the crust.

Freeze for 4 hours or overnight until firm. Let stand 30 minutes or until the pie can be easily cut. Garnish with remaining whipped topping if desired.

Source: Kraft foods

No comments: