Monday, November 12, 2012

The Secret Recipe Club: Peanut Sesame Noodles

It's time for November's Secret Recipe Club! This will be the last post of the year for SRC, but we'll be back in January. It's nice to have a break around the holidays since we'll all be so busy!

This month my assignment was Mostly Food and Crafts.  There's a lot of see over at Danielle's blog! I loved looking through her crafts and have a projects I'm looking at doing myself  - Holiday Coasters and Yarn Wreaths! I'm trying to get better about being crafty and I think the coasters would make great Christmas gifts and my holiday wreath is way overdue to be updated!

Now onto the food, I had a hard time narrowing down my choices since there are so many recipes I wanted to try. I finally settled on Peanut Sesame Noodles. They're perfect for a meatless meal - I served them with a salad and it was quite filling. My husband and I loved them but my daughter didn't. She's becoming a little picky these last few months....not sure what's that about? I'll definitely be making them again, they're perfect for lunch too!



Dressing:
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup warm water
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced (a microplane works great)
1 garlic cloved, minced
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp honey
dash of hot sauce

1 box thin spaghetti
sesame seeds

In a blender, combine all the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Transfer the dressing to a large bowl.

Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When cooked to your liking, drain the pasta and rinse with cold water.

Add the pasta to the dressing to combine. You can also add blanched vegetables, but I chose to serve it with a salad and stir-fried asparagus. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!

Want to be part of the Secret Recipe Club? Join here!

14 comments:

Eat Laugh Love said...

We love peanut sauce and this looks like a wonderful accompaniment to any Asian dish - or a meal in and of itself. Thanks for sharing.

Denise

SeattleDee said...

Delicious side dish, and a good way to utilize left-over cooked spaghetti. I like to add chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro to the mix for a little crunch and color.

Mostly Food and Crafts said...

I am so glad you liked this!

Suzanne said...

Yummy! And I LOVE peanut sauce. This looks like a dish I could get used to (addicted). :)

Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds like the perfect lunch! I like the SeattleDee's suggestion of adding chopped peanuts...yum!

Jeanie said...

Hi! I had you. I made your basil vinaigrette. It was delicious.

Pam said...

This sounds great! I love anything with a peanut sauce. I'm glad I came across your blog and thanks for the recipe!

Judee @ Gluten Free A-Z said...

I don't usually eat peanut butter, but for some reason I love peanut sauce. Great recipe

shelley c. said...

Those noodles look so good. I love anything peanut butter, peanut sauce included. Great choice.

Lynne Daley said...

I'll have to make your noodle dish-it looks amazing! Thanks for the recipe!

Miz Helen said...

These are awesome Peanut Sesame Noodles and this is a great recipe for the SRC.
Have a good week!
Miz Helen

Unknown said...

Ooh, sounds good.

Carole said...

Hi there. The current Food on Friday is all about pasta and noodles! So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.

Carole said...

Thanks for linking in to Food on Friday: Pasta and Noodles. We are getting a fantastic collection of all things pasta and noodles.
I am now signed up to follow you. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or are you already following? Cheers