Saturday, August 17, 2013

Avocado Egg Salad #TheSaladBar

The theme for August's The Salad Bar group was AVOCADO. I like avocados but I don't really do more than add slices to a salad or on a black bean burger. I struggled to find something this month and then I ran across several recipes for avocado egg salad. I make a very quick egg salad but this was a nice departure from my usual recipe. The avocado helped reduce the amount of mayo that I normally use and it was just as creamy plus all the added health benefits of eating avocado. This recipe made more than enough for two sandwiches. I'll definitely be making it again!


1 medium avocado
2 Tbsp lowfat mayo or plain greek yogurt
4 hard boiled eggs
fresh parsley

Scoop the avocado into a medium bowl. Add in the mayo/greek yogurt and combine well. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.

Remove the shells from the eggs and chop them up into small pieces. I used an egg slicer for my eggs. Finely chop the parsley. Add the eggs and parsley into the mashed avocado. Stir to combine.

Scoop onto bread or eat on crackers. Enjoy!

No comments: