Friday, August 16, 2013

Edamame Basil Hummus

I had all intentions of getting this post up earlier but the hard drive on my computer crashed while I was downloading photos of this recipe. NO!!!!! Not what I need right now! I had designed these really cute we've moved post cards to announce our new address and they're gone. Now we need to figure out whether we're going to replace the hard drive or the entire thing.

Onto the hummus, it's my new favorite variety. It's so good and tastes fresh! Ross loved it and I had to take the container away so he didn't eat all of it. I'm so glad I did, otherwise there would be no photo with this post. I'd love the addition of the hummus and the basil really brings it up a notch. Delicious!



2 cups shelled edamame
2/3 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

In the bowl of a food processor, puree the edamame, chickpeas, garlic, basil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Once pureed, stream in the olive oil until the mixture is smooth and blended well. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.

Pour it into a serving bowl and top with extra edamame, chickpeas and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with chips and veggies.

Source: Two Peas & Their Pod

No comments: